Who writes and translates the example sentences?
A lot of people.
Typically speaking, the flow works like this:
- A native speaker of the target language writes an example sentence
- Another native speaker edits it for quality and naturalness
- Voice actors record natural-speed audio for the sentence
- A lead editor who is a native speaker approves the sentence and its audio
- A native speaker of the target language translates the sentence
- A native speaker of the source language (the language the sentence is being translated into) checks the translation for accuracy and naturalness
- A lead editor who is a native speaker of the target language approves the translation
- A lead editor who is a native speaker of the source language approves the translation
This is done for every single sentence you see in the platform.